How Booking our Cat Sitting Service WorksLOVE THE IDEA OF CAT CARE IN YOUR HOME? IT'S SUPER EASY TO GET STARTED
Submit your request via our online request services form or using our mobile app and we’ll check our sitters’ availability.
Receive an invoice
Receive an invoice that details the services you have requested and the total amount due.
Set up your account
Register your Time To Pet™ software portal account and fill in the appropriate care and contact information so that your assigned sitter know exactly what your cat and home may need. Please note, specific care instructions can be added for each visit scheduled.
Meet your sitter
Shortly after completing a request form, your assigned sitter will reach out to you to schedule the initial consultation meet and greet where they will meet you and your cat and go over the whole care routine and receive keys.
Relax as we comfort your kitty
Relax as we comfort your kitty and send you daily visit updates and pictures on how things are going! If you have any questions or comments for us, we make it easy for you to reach us via our app!
Visit our FAQ section for information about billing, cancellation fees, and holiday scheduling. If you need further assistance about general inquiries, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 925-494-0485. We are here to help you!
What Happens During the Meet & Greet with Your Cat Sitter?
We firmly believe that meeting you in person beforehand is much better than your sitter just showing up on sitting day one with little more than some written instructions.
In order for us to become properly acquainted with your cat and provide them with the highest quality care, we require an initial consultation meet and greet session ($25).
Not only does a meet and greet allow us to understand your cats unique needs better, it should also help you instill trust in our company to meet your expectations. After all, we will be working in your home.
In addition, our company needs to make sure our cat sitters are safe working with you in your home enviornment and that it’s a fit.
Curious How To Get Started?
1. Before the Meet and Greet, you will need to set up your online account and provide us with information about your kitty’s care routine. You will receive an invoice for the $25 fee for this meeting.
2. Your assigned cat caregiver will come over to your home at the scheduled time and determine whether they are a good fit for your cat. During the visit, your sitter will review the entire visit care routine in detail so that everything is absolutely clear and they feel fully prepared to meet and exceed your expectations.
3. Once the initial visit comes to a close, we will confirm the sittings once more and then be there on day one of your trip!
Meet your sitter
Discuss care routine
Provide 2 copies of keys
Developing long-term personal relationships with our cat and human clients is something we cherish and take pride in.
What Cat Parents Are Saying
The Comforted Kitty is an excellent pet sitting service! Daniel takes great care of our kitty Linus each time we travel, not only checking food and water and litter box, but also taking time to play with and bond with our cat. He even emails picture updates so we can really see how Linus is doing! Furthermore, Daniel is very professional and responsive to emails and calls. I definitely recommend The Comforted Kitty!
I would highly recommend the Comforted Kitty to anyone in the area looking for a highly dependable, conscientious fellow cat lover to care for their feline companion(s).
Daniel’s service is thorough and comprehensive. He is the cats meow! I initially hoped to ask for every other day to try to save money, but having the peace of mind was well worth it, and the cats enjoyed daily visits and were much better behaved than they have been in the past when we’ve been gone.
New Client FAQs
Can your sitter share care duties with my family, friend, roommate or neighbor?
Sorry, we do NOT share cat or home care duties with third parties (e.g. friends, family, neighbors, other pet care companies) for liability and safety concerns. We provide our clients with the peace-of-mind knowing your sitter is bonded and insured. However, a third party entering your home voids this since it makes it impossible to know who the liability falls on if for example, doors or windows are left unlocked, property is damaged or missing, or the cat is mis-fed or not medicated correctly. We want to provide to you our highest quality cat care and home care — to your exact instructions. In order to do this, your sitter needs to be your sole cat caregiver and house sitter while you’re away. (An exception to this is regarding professional house cleaning persons.)
What does the New Client Fee include?
New clients are responsible for a New Client Fee of $25 to register with our services.
The fee covers:
- An initial consultation meet and greet at your home with your assigned cat and house sitter for up to an hour, so together the entire expected routine can be reviewed. This is also a great time to make sure the sitter will be a good fit for you and your cat.
- A permanent client profile record in our secure pet sitting software
- 24/7 access to our software app to make reservations, get in touch with your sitter, and more.
- Registration and nondescript tagging of your home keys in our software.
- A detailed visit update report sent at the end of each scheduled cat sitting visit, via the app, that also includes photos of your kitty.
- An ongoing relationship with your cat that will include a customized care plan to ensure that we perform all of the cat care up to your expectations.
Please note that any additional consultations you would like scheduled after this meeting will incur a $25 fee.
How far in advance should I contact your services?
Two weeks notice is standard for our cat sitting services but we prefer at least 7 days notice so that we can have sufficient time to set up the initial consultation meet and greet. However, we will do our best to fit in shorter notice requests, so never hesitate to reach out to us. We do NOT charge a short notice booking fee! However, the initial consultation meet and greet is an absolute requirement before we can provide any cat sitting services to you.
**If requesting pet sitting services for the Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s holidays, we strongly suggest contacting us at least two months prior — and preferably three months ahead — in order to have the best chance of securing a reservation since we book up so quickly over these holidays!
How will I know how my cat is doing while I’m on vacation?
We totally understand how difficult it is to be away from your beloved feline family member and wonder how they are managing! That is why your sitter will always send you a detailed daily visit update to let you know how your cat is doing (appetite, mood, energy level), what they enjoyed doing that day (playtime, brushing, petting), the status of your home, and any questions or concerns that came up. And perhaps best of all, the sitter will send you pictures of your kitty! Our industry-leading pet sitting app conveniently allows these to be sent as a push notification to your phone or via email and given these updates are stored securely in our system, you can review them any time you want. You can also stay in constant contact with your sitter by corresponding directly with them via the app anytime you like. All of this gives you the peace of mind that your sitter is arriving each day, staying engaged with your cat, and that he, she or “they” are doing fine!
What is your key policy?
We require at least one copy of your home keys (two copies are preferable so that one set is a backup for emergencies, lockouts, or in case your keys should stop working or break in the lock), given to your sitter at the time of the initial consultation meet and greet. If your apartment complex does not allow duplicating the necessary keys or fobs or you are otherwise unable to give us a single set at the initial consultation, a $20 pickup fee will be charged for the sitter to pick them up from you at a later date before the start of the first scheduled sitting. Alternatively, we welcome having keys stored securely in a lockbox for the sitter to retrieve on the first visit and return to it on the last visit. This avoids all of the fees and extra liability noted above. And it makes things very simple to coordinate for future sitting requests. For security and confidentiality, your keys are labeled with a random numerical code. Your sitter will never put your name, address, or other easily identifiable information on your keys.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Venmo, Square Cash, Google Pay, Zelle and Chase QuickPay. We do NOT accept personal checks or cash.
What is your cancellation policy?
Because our cat sitters carefully schedule their time to accommodate the cats in their care, and because their schedules are sometimes completely full and we cannot resell the time that has been expressly held and reserved for you, we hold the following cancellation policies:
– There are NO cash refunds or credits given for either late departures or earlier returns home from a trip.
– Same-day cancellations are non-refundable. Next day cancellations are subject to fee equivalent to 50% of remaining invoice total. Other 50% will be held on file as credit to use on future services.
Easter: April 10 – 13
Memorial Day: May 22 – 26
Independence Day: Jul 2 – 5
Labor Day: Aug 31 – Sep 3
Columbus Day: Oct 12 – 15
Veteran’s Day: Nov 9 – 12
-10% new client discount not applicable for any of the holiday period dates listed
-Cancellations more than 72 hours notice receive 100% credit.
-Cancellations less than 72 hours notice 50% forfeited, 50% credit.
Winter Holiday Periods:
Thanksgiving: November 23 – 30, 2020
Christmas/New Year’s: December 22 – January 2, 2021
- Your request is not considered booked and reserved until full payment is received.
- Other clients can book sittings in the meantime until you receive a confirmation from us.
- If you are a new client, your assigned sitter will reach out to book meet and greet only after invoice is fully paid.
* Please remember that we are sometimes booked months in advance for holiday services and eventually have to turn down other cat parents, and sitters often give up plans with friends and family to care for your cat.