When it comes to finding the best care for your cat while you’re away, it can be hard to decide between in-home pet sitting or cat boarding in Sacramento. Fortunately, this comprehensive guide explores both options.
We’ve put together an in-depth look into the advantages of selecting a professional cat-sitting service in Sacramento like The Comforted Kitty over traditional pet boarding. With a wealth of benefits, hiring an experienced and local cat sitter will ensure your feline family member receives the highest level of care when you can’t be there.
Why do cats need sitters?
Cats need sitters to provide them with the care and companionship they require when their owners are away. When cats are left alone for too long, they can become stressed and anxious. They may exhibit signs of depression, such as not eating or grooming themselves. This can lead to further health problems and even destructive behaviors, such as scratching furniture or carpets.
Additionally, if a cat is left alone for an extended period of time with no human interaction, it can become emotionally detached and uninterested in its owners. Pets are living creatures that need love and attention just like us, so it’s important to make sure your cat never feels abandoned!
How long can I leave my cat alone at home?
Leaving your cat alone for too long can be dangerous and stressful. Cats are social animals that benefit from the care of responsible humans, so it’s important to know how long you can safely leave them at home. Generally speaking, cats should not be left alone for more than 24 hours; however, with proper preparation and planning, cats may stay alone up to 72 hours without any issues. If you need to leave your cat longer than this, consider enlisting the help of a pet sitter or having someone check in on your kitty periodically throughout the day.
Regular visits from a pet sitter can help alleviate boredom and stress by providing your cat with companionship, playtime, affection, and mental stimulation. A professional pet sitter can make a huge difference in the quality of life for your cat while you’re away and can offer much-needed peace of mind for you.
How does cat boarding work?
Boarding facilities provide cats with a safe and comfortable place to stay, as well as food, water, litter box maintenance and playtime. While some cats may adapt quickly to the new environment, others may take longer to adjust. This can lead to stress and anxiety, which can be a detriment to their health. Additionally, boarding facilities are typically staffed by untrained employees who may not know the specific needs of your cat.
How much is cat boarding in Sacramento?
The average cost for cat boarding in Sacramento starts at around $35. But keep in mind that the quality of the amenities and the amount of attention your cat will receive can vary greatly. Some boarding facilities charge additional fees to provide socialization or playtime with your cat. Also, the basic plans at some cat borders in Sacramento do not feature large enclosures for your cat and will be confined in a small sterile environment.
How does in-home cat-sitting work?
The Comforted Kitty provides professional in-home pet-sitting services to cats and their families. Our team is made up of experienced pet sitters who understand how important it is for your cat to stay in a home environment even when you’re not around. All of our pet sitters are bonded, insured, have passed extensive background checks, and are certified in pet first aid.
When you book a cat sitting reservation with us, your sitter will come to your home for each visit and provide all the necessary care for your cat including feeding, litter box cleaning, administering medications, playing, and providing lots of love and attention.
How much is a cat sitter in Sacramento?
The Comforted Kitty offers competitive rates for in-home cat sitting in Sacramento. Our rates are a flat fee of $38 per visit and we offer flexible scheduling options to meet your needs. We also provide discounts for multiple cats and longer stays.
In addition to caring for your cats, our sitters can water your plants, and retrieve your mail or garbage cans while you are away for no additional charge. As well as make sure your home is safe and your lights and home security system are set properly. Contact us today for more information on our services and pricing.
What are the benefits of in-home cat sitting?
In-home cat sitting has many advantages over boarding when it comes to providing the best care for your pet.
- Your cat stays in their own familiar home environment and can maintain their regular routine. They won’t be held in a cage in a foreign place.
- You don’t have to worry about transporting your cat to a boarding facility or exposing them to illnesses from other cats.
- In-home care is more convenient since you don’t need to leave the house for drop offs and pick ups.
- There is less risk of your cat being traumatized in your absence. By staying in their home environment, you cat can maintain their normal routine and diet, which reduces stress related to unfamiliar surroundings.
- You don’t need to get a vet checkup or have any shots ahead of your absence.
- Your cat will be provided with individualized attention and care with a pet sitter who is familiar with their needs.
- You can rest assured that your home is secure since all of our pet sitters are trained in keyholding protocols.
- Our sitters can also help with light housework like retrieving your mail and garbage cans, and watering plants.
- Our sitters provide human interaction with your cat, pet them and play with them. Many boarding facilities do not do this or it comes with additional fees.
- You will receive daily updates and pictures so you can stay connected with your cat while you’re away.
- In-home cat care is affordable. The price of in home cat sitting is comparable to boarding but with so many benefits to your cats.
- The Comforted Kitty offers competitive rates and flexible scheduling options to meet your needs.
How to prepare a cat for in-home sitting
To help your cat adjust to their in-home cat sitter, there are a few things you can do before leaving for your trip:
- Make sure that all of the pet’s necessities (food, litter box, etc.) are easily accessible.
- Give your in-home cat sitter detailed instructions on your cat’s daily routine, special needs, and favorite activities.
- Leave out a few toys or other items that your cat is familiar with so they will feel more comfortable in the sitter’s presence.
- Make sure all doors and windows are securely locked before leaving home.
- Provide emergency contact information in case of any issues.
- Leave a list of contact numbers for your vet, family, and friends.
- If possible, introduce your cat to the sitter prior to leaving so that they can get familiar with one another.
What to look for in a cat sitter
Here are some qualities to look for when choosing a cat sitter:
- Professionalism: A professional pet sitter will be reliable, friendly, and knowledgeable about caring for cats.
- Flexibility: Look for a pet sitter who is willing to work with your schedule.
- Certification and Insurance: Make sure that the pet sitter you choose is certified and has liability insurance.
- Experience: Choose a pet sitter that has experience with cats and is familiar with their unique needs.
- References: Ask for references so you can get an idea of the quality of service they provide.
Which is better, cat boarding or hiring a cat sitter?
In-home pet sitting through The Comforted Kitty provides an excellent alternative to cat boarding and offers many advantages for you and your cat. Our pet sitters are highly trained and have experience in caring for cats of all ages, breeds, and temperaments. We provide a personalized care plan that is tailored to the needs of your cat, so we can offer them companionship and love when you can’t be there.
By hiring a professional cat sitter, you can rest assured that your cat will be safe and secure since they are in the comfort of their own home. Our team also provides daily updates to keep you informed on your pet’s well-being while you are away. However, if you do have a cat with unique medical needs that require regular supervision, Boarding your cat may be the better choice.
Cat Boarding Services in Sacramento
If you feel like cat boarding is the safest option for your cat while you are away there are a few good cat boarding facilities in Sacramento. Check out some of the highest-rated cat boarding services in the Sacramento area.
Auntie Chelle’s Pet Care
Auntie Chelle’s Pet Care is a family-run business that offers pet owners in the Sacramento area peace of mind with professional and reliable cat-sitting services. At Auntie Chelle’s, pets are treated like part of the family, receiving loving attention and care from experienced staff members who are willing to travel to surrounding areas. With flexible scheduling options available, your furry friend will be in good hands while you’re away!
https://www.auntiechellespetcare.com/home – (916) 297-3086 – 3916 Kings Way Sacramento, CA 95821
Arcade Creek Kennels
Arcade Creek Kennels in Sacramento, California, is a well-reviewed boarding facility for cat boarding. Not only do they offer dog daycare services, but they also provide cat sitting and boarding for all kinds of animals. The two-acre facility has plenty of space for pets to play and explore, so your furry friends will never be bored! Plus, you don’t need to worry about spaying or neutering your pet before bringing them in—all you have to bring is food and any necessary medication. Drop-offs must occur by 4:00 pm while pickups are required by 5:30 pm. Arcade Creek Kennels makes it easy and convenient for pet owners looking for the perfect place to take care of their beloved companions.
http://www.arcadecreekkennel.com/ – (916) 331-5100 – 5441 HAckberry Lane, Sacramento, CA 95841
Pat’s Boarding Place for Cats
Pat’s Place for Cats is a reliable option for cat owners seeking professional and caring boarding services for their furry friends. Established in 1978 in Sacramento, this cats-only facility is staffed by people who understand the unique needs of cats. Every detail has been carefully considered to ensure that cats are comfortable, happy, and safe during their stay. The condos and suites are customized to meet the specific preferences of each cat, with plenty of room to play, rest, and explore. The facility boasts large indoor and outdoor play areas where cats can socialize and exercise at their leisure.
https://patsplaceforcats.com/ – (916) 419-7396 – 3570 Sirport Rd, Sacramento, CA 95834
Contact The Comforted Kitty today for the best alternative to cat boarding in Sacramento!
We understand that balancing work, recreation, and your cat can be a challenge. When you have to leave your cat for work or for play it’s important to look for someone who is experienced, knowledgeable, and most importantly, loves cats! The Comforted Kitty offers professional pet-sitting services with trained, insured, and bonded pet sitters who will provide your cat with individualized attention and love. Our staff are passionate about cats and will do everything they can to make sure your cat is safe and happy while you are away.
With The Comforted Kitty, you can trust that your furry family member is receiving the highest level of care and attention while you are away. Contact us today to learn more about our professional pet-sitting services or to schedule a reservation. We look forward to hearing from you!